Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.

Today our Famous Quote comes from Robert Heinlein.  Some of you may know him from the movie Starship Troopers, a SciFi film based from his novel.  He also wrote Stranger in a Strange Land, the book from which our quote comes from.  


I like this quote, firstly because it deals about love.  Love is a subject that is wonderful and amazing, but also mystifying and tragic. I also love this quote because it comes from someone who writes SciFi. I'll admit that I love SciFi; yeah I'm a little bit of a geek about it.  Hey, ya gotta love yourself right?


Anyway, there are many forms of love.  I would suggest trying to expose yourself to them.  As Huey Lewis put it, "It might just save your life...!"




Book jacket for Robert A. Heinlein's Stranger in a Strange Land

I'd love to hear what you think.  Feel free to leave a question or comment.  Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. And just what is love? It is nothing more than a measurement of one's own affinity towards any given person, object, or idea which is entirely biased on the perceptible gain for the individual.

    So, NO, there is only one kind of love, if any.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What, no response? Did I intimidate you or something...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you missed the point of Heinlein's quote. The inclusion of someone else's happiness into your own makes it an inexorably linked element. So, although there may be a biased gain to an individual by making someone else happy, the net positive in this case is that Two people, not just one are assured happiness by the effort of bringing joy.

    ReplyDelete

Tripado Review - Pentax Zoom II Binoculars

Thanks for watching.