Thursday, April 4, 2013

It's So Subjective

Art is subjective. People will argue what qualifies and what doesn't, but the power and motivation to create reveals itself in various ways. What comes from that inspiration is a reflection of a creative impulse, a drive for expression. Not all art has to be classical figures or subjects. 

Take Jackson Pollock for example. He painted in a highly eccentric way producing works much different than Leonardo or Monet. To me, his work is still art. 

What do you see?








This last one always reminded me of a surfer with a board tucked under his arm.  

So what do you think? Is it art? Why?

Thanks for reading. Questions and comments welcome. 


6 comments:

  1. The surfer dude looks pretty rad, but the other stuff looks like I'm having an acid trip. Cool, but idk...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Spectre, I'm betting you're not the first person to make that kind of connection. Not sure if Pollock himself was on acid or not but they are a mind blow.

      Delete
    2. You both are right. As I consider myself as an artist as well, i do oil painting, charcoal, pencil or combine art, i quiet like and respect Jackson Pollock as he came up with another dimension of early modern art in that time.

      thanks for sharing anyway

      Delete
    3. Miro, I've always liked Pollock's work because to me, it always seemed innovative and free-form. It provides a launching point for my imagination to go where it will.

      Delete
  2. I like this,because painting is like a stream flowing out of mind ,it has a poetic view also.so we cannot say one painting good as compared to other,because each of them represent each kind of beauty..thanks for posting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arjunraj, I totally agree. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete

Cross Country Driving 2024