Thursday, March 1, 2012

Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit

- Vince Lombardi

I’ve talked about Potential before, but right now I feel there’s merit in discussing it once again.  You see, personally, I feel I’m at a crossroads.  There are times in every person’s life where things must or need to change.  This change could be caused by external forces or internal desires.  For me I think it’s a little of both.  Change can be good, especially if you’re ready for it.  That’s where Potential comes in to play. 

What are you capable of doing?  What can you accomplish or achieve?  Well if you even for one moment believe you can get close to your goals, let alone reaching them, well that’s Potential.  It’s not only what you think you can do, but what you think you can push yourself to do.  And the task or goal can be almost anything, whether it’s changing your mindset and perspective, or learning to play an instrument or earning a higher degree.  And that leads me back to my situation.  I recently finished my Master’s thesis and earned my Master’s Degree.  It was a long time coming, but I did it.  Believe me, when I was finished I felt a mind drain that was palpable.  But you know what, shortly after that I realized that I wasn’t relaxing after a hard fought achievement, I was feeling malaise because I needed a new challenge.  And that’s when it hit me.  I had more to offer, I had more Potential to live up to. 

Now maybe I push myself a bit too hard, maybe I am too critical.  Or maybe I know deep down inside, somewhere in the back of my mind behind the memories of T-ball, learning to ride a bike, Swedish Fish, Yankees baseball games and muscle cars, is the long-ago learned lesson that I CAN achieve great things, so long as I never give up trying.  Because as strange as it may seem, I don't have to succeed to reach my Potential, I just have to ensure I make the Attempt!  Will you give up, or will you Try?




myeccentrictees.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cross Country Driving 2024